The aim of the course is to provide delegates with both theoretical and hands-on training of the easYgen Generator Control Package serie. The course is intended for power system designers, application engineers and service technicians who will specify, program and/or commission the easYgen control.
During this course you will learn more about the power management principles and operation of the easYgen control system with the help of an engine simulator.
The course begins with an overview of the features and functionality of the easYgen control and progresses through device configuration via Woodward ToolKit programming software, application and operation modes, communication, use of the LogicsManager and AnalogManager functions, PID controller function, and complex system management.
The hands-on part of the training will include:
- Configuration of the control
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able:
- Understands the theory of power generation terminology such as speed and voltage control, PID control, synchronizing, isochronous load sharing, droop, base load, power factor control, import / export control, soft loading and unloading etc.
- To program actual easYgen control using Woodward ToolKit programming software, and practice hands-on PID tuning and troubleshooting on a system of paralleled diesel generators simulator
- Understand and implement the control in any application such as Isolated, mains parallel operation and CHP operation
- Set-up the control to interface with motor management systems via CANOPEN/J1939 communication
- How to configure extended I/O and analog modules
- Configure mA and VDO sensors for protection and control purposes
- Calibrate, program Logistics and Analog Manager Logic statements and Application set-up
Register for this training