Turner Engine Control Solutions BV is a subsidiary of Turner EPS and a subgroup within the engineering services division of Turner Group (over 1000 employees). Turner Engine Control Solutions (TECS) is one of Woodward's largest distributors. We provide mechanical and electronic control systems for diesel, gas engines, steam and gas turbines including genset control and protection. TECS has over 70 employees with offices in Hoofddorp, the United Kingdom, Germany, Italy and the Middle East.
Our Finance department is responsible for the finance administration and reporting of the different international TECS locations. We are in the process of decentralizing previously centralizer work performed by Turner Group Finance to the TECS business. As a result of this we are looking for our location in Hoofddorp for a:
Finance Manager (M/F)
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Responsible for producing monthly management accounts, quick results and various group reporting requirements (including cashflow forecasts) are accurate and produced in line with group and business requirements – for review by the Financial Controller.
- Responsible for the production of year end statutory draft accounts for review and finalisation by the Financial Controller.
- Assist Parent company with the internal audit of the companies and in conjunction with the TECS BV Financial Controller, ensure that any finance issues, including those arising from the audit process are both handled and concluded in the timescales required.
- Assist in the preparation/review of the annual budgets for TECS and help write relevant sections of the business plan.
- Assist the Financial Controller with overseeing the credit control function of TECS international business.
- Assist the Financial Controller with overseeing the Purchase ledger function of TECS international business and payment of suppliers.
- Ensure all relevant taxes are correctly calculated, accounted for and paid over to the relevant authorities (e.g. VAT, Duty, Payroll Tax, Social Security, CIS (if appropriate), Corporation Tax, Intrastat returns, WHT).
- Responsible for the TECS international payrolls, ensuring these are processed accurately and to the required deadlines and subsequently complete the reporting and administration cycle.
- Help managers and staff to improve decision making and understanding by utilising the company’s IT resource to write reports and provide information from ERP and other business systems.
- To act as a source of expertise, providing advice, guidance and support to internal and external customers.
- Lead and manage ad-hoc project work as appropriate.
- Provide support/training to the Accounts & Admin team as and when required.
- Any other duties as required from time to time relating to the overall role.
- Influence commercial activities of the business including oversight of contract commercial negotiations and close financial and commercial control of project activities.
- Support a programme of continuous improvement of operational business process to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of their operations and ensuring that robust financial controls are in place throughout the business.
- Ensure that balance sheet reviews are carried out on a periodic basis and that accounts are fully controlled and reconciled.
Qualifications and skills:
- Fully/Part qualified CIMA, ACCA or ACA accountant – or qualified by experience (HBO BE or AC, SPD or AA).
- Excellent knowledge of ERP and other business systems.
- Proven management accounts and budget preparation experience.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Project Management skills.
- Good communication skills (written and oral). Must be able to speak English, Dutch is also strongly preferred. Additional European languages e.g. Italian and German would be an advantage.
- Display strong analytical skills to enable production of meaningful management information.
- Demonstrate strong collaborative working skills and be able to communicate well with both finance and operational colleagues..
- Have the ability to convert data to management information easily understood by non-accountants.
- Possess the motivation to streamline processes and identify and implement continuous improvement.
- Ability to work under own initiative and a flexible approach to business travel as a proportion of time will be spent travelling throughout EMEA to support business unit operational teams.
- Full driving licence.
Turner Engine Control Solutions offers you:
A challenging position with many opportunities to travel internationally, appropriate working conditions and an informal atmosphere within an enthusiastic team.
Are you interested in this exciting new role? For more information about the position, please call Cameron Gray, Financial Controller EMEA 44 (0)788 150 5115.
Want to react? Then we invite you to respond. You can e-mail your application with CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org or you can send it to: Turner Engine Control Solutions B.V., att. Dineke de Bok, Human Resources, Dirk Storklaan 76, 2132 PX Hoofddorp, The Netherlands.
Acquisition to this vacancy is not appreciated.